Thursday, August 7, 2008

080808 - Let the games begin...

I'm such a huge fan of the Olympics! And having just completed my USA Track & Field Coach certification, I'm going to be a real pain. I'm sure to annoy the heck out of everyone with my editorializing! Can't wait.

Ken and I went to the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and had a blast. The great thing about being there in person is that you really see (or are reminded of) what the Olympics are really about. We stayed through all 51 men's ice skaters (bet you didn't know there were that many there). That's because on tv, we only see the top 15 or so. And everyone cheered for everyone, regardless of which country they were from.

I have 2 knitting projects I'm working on during the Olympics. One is a scarf that I should be able to get through pretty quickly. The other is a felted computer bag.

Go USA, Canada, Mexico, Estonia, Argentina, Iceland, Germany, France, Denmark and the other 70+ countries being represented.

No comments: